________________

For the Global Thinker

Saturday, September 25, 2010

6,557 Miles To Nowhere


Another exceptional article by Chuck Klosterman...

Death is part of life. Generally, it’s the shortest part of life, usually occurring near the end. However, this is not necessarily true for rock stars; sometimes rock stars don’t start living until they die. I want to understand why that is. I want to find out why the greatest career move any musician can make is to stop breathing. I want to find out why plane crashes and drug overdoses and shotgun suicides turn longhaired guitar players into messianic prophets. I want to walk the blood-soaked streets of rock’n’roll and chat with the survivors as they writhe in the gutter. This is my quest. Now, to do this, I will need a rental car...

Read more at:

http://www.spin.com/articles/6557-miles-nowhere

No comments: